It’s easy to fall into the winter blues; long, grey days spent wearing coats, sweatpants, and boots; days spent on the couch with Netflix (but that’s not that bad); and enjoying one too many bowls of mac and cheese. But don’t let the winter blues get the best of you, or keep you from eating healthy and satisfying meals. These are eleven snack and recipe ideas that will brighten you day and keep you feeling healthy and fit. And there is no way we are sacrificing flavor for function here. Enjoy eating all of these guilt-free foods that will keep you going all the way to Spring Break.
1. Start your day off right with this delicious and easy breakfast. Grab a piece of toast and smother it with peanut or almond butter. Top with fresh fruit of your choice. Easy and delicious!
2. “Pudding” cup. We can always dream. Grab some greek yogurt and add your favorite toppings. Dark chocolate, raspberries, and nuts are all healthy and satisfying options!
3. Avocado + Toast. Self explanatory.
4. Need a snack? Try this recipe for a healthy alternative to chips and pretzels.
5. Craving Chinese take out? How about this healthy alternative that is super easy to make!
6. Healthy veggie wrap? Why not. Recipe here.
7. Want a light lunch? Well not really, but this fill you up and keep you going. Cheese, crackers, tomatoes and veggies.
8. And because pizza will ALWAYS be worth it…try this Pita Pizza.
9. And we don’t plan on giving up Mac and Cheese any time soon. Try this recipe.
10. And for dessert? Peanut butter microwave cake. Recipe here.
11. And for later? Healthy Caramel Popcorn! Recipe here.